(UPDATED) Malaysia Airlines Extends Booking and Travel Flexibility
In view of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Malaysia Airlines has enhanced its booking and travel flexibility to offer customers more control over their travel arrangements. With this, tickets purchased on or before 30 June 2020 for travel this year, will now be valid for rebooking by 31 December 2020 and travel by 30 June 2021.
Additionally, customers will also be able to make unlimited changes to their travel dates as well as have flexibility to change their destination with no change fees applied.
How can you extend your tickets?
If you have not requested for your ticket to be changed or converted to a travel voucher, please submit your requests through our online Assistance Request form here or contact your travel agency if your booking was made through a travel agent.
Here are some important points to note, on our extended flexibility to your bookings/travel;
- Unlimited changes are permitted and all change fees will be waived. However, a fare difference will apply if the fare for your new travel date is higher than the original ticket fare purchased. Fares will be reassessed at the time of your rebooking.
- In the event you opt to cancel your tickets, we will waive the cancellation fee for partially used and totally unused tickets. This applies for all type of tickets. A travel voucher will be issued for your next travel to be booked by 31 December 2020 and to be completed by 30 June 2021.
- To find out if you are eligible for a refund, please contact the Malaysia Airlines Global Contact Centre at 1-300-88-3000 (in Malaysia), + 44 (0) 3303650080 (in UK) or visit here to find the contact information of your respective country, submit your request to us via our online Assistance Request form or contact your travel agent if you are booked through a travel agency. Refund requests will be reviewed and processed based on applicable local and international regulations on passenger rights that apply in these current unprecedented circumstances.
- Please be informed that refund requests will take substantially longer to process due to the high volume received. We seek your patience and cooperation while our team works to validate and process your requests.
* Applicable for both Malaysia Airlines operated flights and the airline’s marketing flights.
Last updated 03 Jun 2020, 1200hrs (GMT+8)