Frequent flyer benefits
As a oneworld traveller, satisfaction awaits you around the globe. Your status is recognised across all member airlines. And you are entitled to a range of benefits, which are provided according to the following oneworld tier levels, no matter which cabin class you are flying in:
*Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating is in accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld member airline operating the flight. First and business class check-in desks and lounges are not available at all airports. Fast track is not available at all airports. oneworld benefits are available only to passengers on scheduled flights that are both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline (marketed means that there must be a oneworld member airline’s flight number on your ticket). American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines and oneworld are trademarks of their respective companies. Some limitations and exceptions may apply. For more information, visit www.oneworld.com/benefits.
For more details on Benefits, click here
Relax in more premium lounges around the world
If you are member (equivalent to the oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tiers), or you are travelling in a First or Business Class cabin on any oneworld member airline, you can access more than 650 airport lounges throughout the world. This means you can relax or catch up with work in comfort and style before departure.
To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline.
Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.
A non-affiliated third party may operate some lounges on behalf of the individual airline. Access to some lounges operated by third-parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times.
Arrivals lounges are excluded.
Spa and Pre-Flight Dining facilities are excluded.
British Airways Concorde lounges are excluded.
Providing more than 650 lounges across the globe:
oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status
- Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent ofoneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use any lounge offered by any oneworld airline when departing on any flight marketed and operated by anyoneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown.
- Enrich Platinum (oneworld Emerald) tier members can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
- Enrich Gold (oneworld Sapphire) tier members are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. *Does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges
- Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
- You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
The following exceptions apply:
- American Airlines and Qantas offer programmes enabling customers to pay to gain access to their lounges. These programmes are not part of the oneworld agreement, and members of these programmes are not entitled to access lounges under the oneworld agreement.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, cannot access American Airlines lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsClub.jsp
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members, regardless of their oneworld tier status, cannot access Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.
oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers
Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
- Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
- First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
- First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). (* a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours)
- Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
The following exceptions apply:
- First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean) other than the exception listed below:
- Customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
Fast track through security
We know your time is precious and you would prefer to relax in one of the over 650 oneworld lounges rather than wait in line at airport security. That is why, at select airports worldwide, oneworld Emerald frequent flyers (including members) can access the ‘Fast Track’ or ‘Priority Lanes' at security check points no matter which cabin they are travelling in.
Due to restrictions or local agreements with Security Fast Track facility operators, not all oneworld carriers are currently able to extend this benefit to all Emerald tier customers.