Battery-Powered Portable Electronic Smoking Devices
No person shall carry battery-powered portable electronic smoking devices in checked baggage.
No person shall carry the above in the cabin baggage or carry into the cabin except:
- Carry the above item for the purpose of personal use
- Spare batteries of the above item to be individually protected by replacement in their original retail packaging or by insulating its terminal.
- Each battery of the above item shall:
- Not exceed a lithium content of 2 grams for lithium metal batteries.
- Not exceed a Watt-hour rating of 100 Wh for lithium ion batteries.
- Each battery of the above item shall be of a type that meets the requirements of each test in UN Manual of Test and Criteria, Part III sub-section 38.3.
Notice to classify electronic smoking devices as dangerous goods must be placed at the check-in counter.