Browser outdated: Flight search is not supported in IE version 10 or lesser. Please visit malaysiaairlines.com with supported browser.
Browser update: Please use Microsoft edge for better experience.
Travel Advisory for Malaysia
Updated as at 14th January 2021
Category of passengers allowed entry
- 1. Malaysian
- 2. Foreigners with Permanent Resident status
- 3. Diplomat and Dependant of Foreign Mission in Malaysia
- 4. Expatriates and their dependents, including foreign maids to expatriates who are holding a valid long-term pass and/or has obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia. The application made through MYEntry system in ESD https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/
- 5. The category of the pass are as follows:
- a. Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependent/s
- b. Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
- c. Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- d. Dependant Pass to expatriate for all categories
- e. Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP) to expatriate for all categories
- f. Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
- 6. Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Pass Holders
- 7. Student Pass Holders
- 8. Medical Tourism – Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC)
- 9. Other Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) (Resident Pass / Temporary Employment Visit Pass (PLKS) / Professional Visit Pass (PVP/PLIK) / Dependant Pass to the LTVP Holders
- 10. Oil and Gas workers and Seafarers
This entry restrictions do not apply to:
- 1. Passengers/nationals of Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, France, German, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States. Passengers from the aforementioned nations, however, are allowed to transit in KLIA within 24 hours.
- 2. Transit passengers bound for China.
Travel Procedures & Quarantine Order
- 1. Undergo COVID-19 screening test upon arrival (which may take up to 3 hours)
- 2. Passengers travelling from overseas must undergo COVID-19 document check or testing at the airport's International Entrance before their connecting flight into Malaysia (within 24 hours).
- 3. Passengers travelling from overseas must undergo a 7-day mandatory quarantine at designated quarantine centres at their point of arrival in Malaysia with a negative RT-PCR taken three (3) days before departing to Malaysia. Those traveling into Malaysia without the RT-PCR will undergo a 10-day mandatory quarantine.
- 4. The cost for quarantine that includes COVID 19 screening test, transport, accommodation, meal, and handling cost as determined by the Malaysian Ministry of Health are to be borne by passengers. Payment of any applicable charges are to be made through the MySafeTravel System accessible on https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/ or the MyQR phone app prior to their arrival into Malaysia to avoid congestion at the airport.
- 5. Passengers are required to install the MySejahtera application on their phones for contact tracing purposes. The app is developed by the Government of Malaysia especially for Malaysians and Non-Malaysians returning or visiting Malaysia starting from departure, upon arrival and during the quarantine period. Passengers may visit https://mysejahtera.malaysia.gov.my for more information.
- 6. Family members are advised by the government not to turn up at the airport as the passengers will be sent straight to the quarantine centres. Passengers may contact the National Disaster Management Agency at +603-8064 2400 or [email protected] / [email protected] for any enquiries.
Travel Procedures due to the Movement Control Order (MCO) 2.0 (13th January - 26th January 2021)
Passengers travelling from Kuala Lumpur to other domestic destinations are required to have a valid approval letter from Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM). This requirement is not applicable for international passengers transiting in Kuala Lumpur for their onward connection to other domestic destinations.
Additional Requirement for The Entry and Exit into/from Malaysia
Passengers are required to present a signed of Letter of Undertaking and Indemnity (LoU), available from any of the following websites:
- Foreign Ministry: www.kln.gov.my
- National Disaster Management Agency: www.nadma.gov.my
- Immigration Department of Malaysia: www.imi.gov.my
- Ministry of Health Malaysia: www.moh.gov.my
- Ministry of Transport Malaysia: www.mot.gov.my
- Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia: www.motac.gov.my
Last updated 14 January 2021, 0930hrs (GMT+8)