- Travel Advisory: (UPDATED) Malaysia Airlines to Mount Extra Flights to/from KUL and AKL on 1 & 2 February 2023 Read more
- Travel Advisory: COVID-19: Important Notice to Passengers Read more
- Important Notice: Malaysia Airlines Extends Validity of MH E-vouchers and Tickets Read more
- Travel Advisory: Changes to Malaysia Airlines’ Domestic Economy Class Counters at KLIA Read more
Browser outdated: Flight search is not supported in IE version 10 or lesser. Please visit malaysiaairlines.com with supported browser.
Browser update: Please use Microsoft edge for better experience.
Arrive Early at KLIA during this
Chinese New Year Travel Period
Malaysia Airlines passengers travelling during the upcoming peak festive season, especially between 18 to 23 January 2023, are advised to arrive at KL International Airport (KLIA) four (4) hours ahead of their scheduled departure time to allow sufficient time for check-in procedures and the necessary document checks at various touchpoints.
Passengers are to take note of the following:
- Perform web or mobile check-in from 48 hours and up to 90 minutes before the flight.
- Alternatively, passengers can also use the self-service kiosks at KLIA, and print their luggage tags and boarding pass. Passengers can then proceed to the baggage drop counter or straight to the boarding gate if they are travelling without luggage.
- Travellers choosing self-service check-in at KLIA, especially those flying to international destinations, are advised to verify their travel documents at the check-in counter.
- Check-in counters will close 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time for domestic and international flights.
- Immigration and security clearance process are estimated to take around 45 minutes.
- The boarding gate will close 30 minutes prior to flight departure.
- Bring the required travel documents such as passport and identification card as well as MyKID for those travelling with children.
Economy Class passengers are allowed to bring onboard one carry-on luggage and two for Business Class passengers. Each bag must be within 115 cm/45 ins and weighs no more than 7kg each.
Additionally, the following category of travellers are strongly encouraged to wear face masks while travelling with Malaysia Airlines:
- Passengers with symptoms such as fever, cough and cold.
- High-risk passengers such as the elderly, and/or with chronic diseases.
- Passengers with low immunity and pregnant mothers; and
- Passengers who travel with high-risk people such as the elderly and children.
Malaysia Airlines wishes our guests Gong Xi Fa Cai and safe travels.