Exit Requirement for Malaysians Leaving the Country
Effective 15 September 2020, Malaysians from the following categories who wish to exit the country during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) are not required to obtain approval from the Department of Immigration Malaysia. However, they are required to present the relevant supporting documents to the officers during the immigration clearance process.
- Diplomats and their dependents on overseas duty.
- Students continuing or beginning their school term.
- Students sitting for examination.
- Long-Term Social Visit Pass holders of other countries, including Permanent Residents, Employment Pass and others.
- Employees of oil and gas or shipping companies who are signed-on to the ship in other countries.
- Those accompanying students abroad but limited to two persons.
- Those who recently received employment offer.
Meanwhile, those attending meetings, seminars, exhibitions and travelling for business or emergency matters are required to obtain approval from the Department of Immigration Malaysia via MyTravelPass prior to their travel.
Last updated 29 October 2020, 1400hrs (GMT+8)