- Travel Advisory: COVID-19: Important Notice to Passengers Read more
- Travel Advisory: Malaysia Airlines Advises Passengers Departing from Colombo to Arrive Early at the Airport Read more
- Travel Advisory: Malaysia Airlines Implements ‘Pre-Departure Health Screening Programme’ from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Guangzhou (CAN) Read more
- Travel Advisory: CIMB IPP System Maintenance Read more
Browser outdated: Flight search is not supported in IE version 10 or lesser. Please visit malaysiaairlines.com with supported browser.
Browser update: Please use Microsoft edge for better experience.
Malaysia Airlines Advises Passengers Departing from Colombo to Arrive Early at the Airport
Due to the economic crisis in Sri Lanka, Malaysia Airlines passengers departing from the Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), Colombo are advised to arrive at the airport four (4) hours ahead of the scheduled departure time to ensure a seamless journey, effective 28 June 2022 until further notice.
This would allow sufficient time for check-in procedures and the necessary document checks at the airport.
Passengers are to take note of the following:
- Check-in counters will close 60 minutes before the flight departure
- Immigration and security clearance is estimated to take around 45 minutes. Please ensure to bring the required travelling documents.
- The boarding gate will close 30 minutes prior to flight departure
Passengers are strongly advised to check entry and exit requirements via the country’s official website, immigration or embassies that remain in place before their journeys.
For further queries, passengers may contact our Global Contact Centre at 1-300-88-3000 (within Malaysia) or 6-03-7843 3000 (outside Malaysia).