Syarat dan Ketentuan
This web site for on-line booking is owned and managed by Malaysia Airlines Berhad (Company No: 1116944-X) (“Malaysia Airlines”) whose business address is at Level 1, Administration Building, Southern Support Zone (SSZ), Kuala Lumpur International Airport – KLIA, 64000 Sepang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. For the purpose of these Condition of Use "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to Malaysia Airlines. Please review these Condition of Use carefully before using the web site. By using this web site, indicates you agree to be bound by these Conditions of Use.
If your journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limits our liability for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage.
Under these Conditions of Use "ticket" means the passenger ticket and baggage check, or the Itinerary/Receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation", "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, "electronic ticket" means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document. "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable.Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not "international carriage" as defined by that Convention.To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in the ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof General Conditions of Carriage (Passenger and Baggage), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier's tariffs, conditions if carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier's address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier's name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger's route, carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.An air carrier issuing a ticket or checking baggage for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered.The ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in the ticket, in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier must reuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of the General Conditions of Carriage and these Conditions of Use.
Liability for loss, delay, or damaged to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For most international travel (including certain domestic portions of international journeys) the liability limit is up to a maximum of SDR1,131.00, for both checked and unchecked baggage. However, if in accordance with the prevailing laws different limits of liability are applicable, then such different limits shall apply. For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal rules require any limit on an airlines`s baggage liability to be at least US$1250 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
Card payment fee is charged only on Malaysia Airlines online booking channel
Card payment fee is applicable to payments made via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and JCB credit and debit card schemes for online bookings with journey commencement from Australia and New Zealand to worldwide.
Card payment fee is non-refundable, transferable nor exchangeable for any voluntary changes or cancellations.
Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to revise, add or remove any parts of the Terms and Conditions
Fee for Credit Card Payment Fee:
- Online booking with journey commencement from Australia only (AUD)
- 1% from the airfare + taxes
- Online booking with journey commencement from New Zealand only (NZD)
- 1% from the airfare + taxes
Available for window, aisle, standard and premium seats.Available for Malaysian domestic and international markets.Seat selection is not available for MASwings connecting flights and code share flights.Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.Price quoted will be equivalent to local currency for all foreign currencies.Not available for passengers with disabilities/special needs, children travelling alone, group bookings (more than 9 persons), and facility seats such as infant or bassinet seats.Seat selection fee is as stated in the FAQs page. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.Passengers travelling with children are not allowed to select emergency row.Premium Seats near the emergency exit doors are subject to flight safety guidelines with the following criteria:
- At least 18 years of age at the commencement of the journey.
- Fully able-bodied and capable of operating or assisting with the operation of the exit doors. Persons with reduced mobility or any disability, whether profound or partial, and persons using portable oxygen or any other medical equipment are ineligible because they may endanger themselves or others.
- Able to follow the safety instructions.
- In good health at the time of check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
- Not carrying infants or using an infant seat belt. Not pregnant.
- Not under the influence of any intoxicating substance at check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
- Does not require an extension seat belt because of large body size.
- Able to understand and converse in Bahasa Malaysia or English.
- Able to understand the illustration illustrated on the Safety Information Card.
- Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to reassign seat of passenger who does not meet the above safety criteria. Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to;
- Re-assign the seat to passengers who do not meet any one of the above safety criteria. Fees paid are non-refundable except for journeys originating from India which is subjected to the National Civil Aviation Policy 2016.
- Block off selected seats.
- Seats can be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
- Paid seats are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
MHinsure travel insurance gives you access to 24-hour Emergency Medical and Travel Assistance from a leader in Assistance Services, Cover-More.
You can also purchase MHinsure at the same time as you book your flights to ensure you are covered for your trip straight away.
The policy is available to any citizen or resident of Malaysia whose journey starts in Malaysia.
This insurance is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Berhad with services provided by Cover-More.
Summary of Domestic Benefits
For the domestic traveller, we offer three product plan options: Domestic Basic Plan, Domestic Value Plan and Domestic Premier Plan. Please view our Summary of Domestic Benefits to view the cover offered by each of the product plan.
Summary of International Benefits
For the travellers leaving Malaysia for destinations overseas, we also offer three product plan options: International Basic Plan, International Value Plan and International Premier Plan. Please view our Summary of International Benefits to view the cover offered by each of the product plan.
Summary of Annual Benefits
For the frequent traveller, we offer a multi-trip annual product, which offers cover during each trip the insured makes throughout the year. The product offers cover for International trips, and doesn't expire until 365 days after the policy has been issued. Please view our Summary of Annual Benefits to view the cover offered by the Annual Combined.
For information on how to contact our sales representatives directly, please contact us.
For queries regarding your travel insurance, please contact your local Cover-More office, based in your country of residence.
Sales and general enquiries can be transferred to:
1800 620 119
+60 3 2263 5720 (reverse charge call from overseas)
1 800 88 8777 (within Malaysia)
+60 3 2263 5700 (reverse charge call from overseas)
800 6011 458
+603 2263 5710 (reverse charge call from overseas)
4090 1544 or
+91 22 6602 2670 (reverse charge call from overseas)
(0800) 500 225 or
+60 3 2263 5730 (reverse charge call from overseas)
Claim enquiries and assistance helpline can be transferred to:
1800 620 119 (within Australia)
+60 3 2263 5721 (reverse charge call from overseas)
1 800 88 8777 (within Malaysia)
+60 3 2263 5700 (reverse charge call from overseas)
800 6011 458 or
+60 3 2263 5711 (reverse charge call from overseas)
4090 1544 or
+91 22 6602 2670 (reverse charge call from overseas)
(0800) 600 115 or
+60 3 2263 5731 (reverse charge call from overseas) MHinsure-[email protected]
Please read the Policy Wording carefully for the complete details of what "We Will Pay" and what "We Will Not Pay".
“Malaysia Airlines” means Malaysia Airlines Berhad (Company No. 1116944-X) having its registered office at 1st Floor, Administration Building, Southern Support Zone, Kuala Lumpur International Airport, 64000 Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia) and its permitted assigns and successors
“Passenger” means an individual who has purchased a ticket for a Malaysia Airlines flight operated by Malaysia Airlines
“Upgrade” means a change in class from the class of service that was originally purchased for travel with Malaysia Airlines to one class of service higher
“Upgrade Offer” means the offer made by Passenger together with a price for an opportunity to Upgrade, which price is IN ADDITION to the fare paid for the ticket and EXCLUDES credit card issuer and bank-related fees or charges, taxes payable at the airport , all of which shall be borne by Passenger.
1. The following Terms and Conditions will apply to the submission of offers for upgrading Passenger’s flight ticket issued on Malaysia Airlines’ document number 232, and on services operated by Malaysia Airlines for flights with carrier code “MH”.
2. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right in its absolute discretion and without prior notice to determine, change and not disclose the factors, conditions and rules relating to the eligibility for MHupgrade offer, which may vary from time to time. The following shall NOT be eligible for MHupgrade offer: (a) Booking with infant; (b) Upgrade Offers submitted by person(s) below the legal age of majority in their country of residence at the time the Upgrade Offer is submitted.
3. By submitting an Upgrade Offer: (a) a person confirms that he or she has reached the legal age of majority in their country of residence at the time the Upgrade Offer is submitted; and (b) Passenger shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Upgrade Offer to these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Upgrade requires a payment which is applicable for either from Economy Class to Business Class or from Business Class to Business Suite.
5. In order for the Passenger to be able to participate in an Upgrade Offer, Passenger must first purchase a confirmed ticket (“Ticket”) for traveling on Economy Class or Business Class subject to Terms and Conditions in Section 1.
6. Passengers with an eligible flight segment(s) will receive an invitation to submit an Upgrade Offer through a link. Alternatively, Passenger with Ticket will have the option of checking on the eligibility of his/her flight segment(s) by visiting Malaysia Airlines website (www.malaysiaairlines.com) by entering the required details including the Malaysia Airlines Booking Reference.
7. Up to 72 hours before Passenger’s segment departure time, Passenger may submit an Upgrade Offer price for each eligible segment and provide Passenger’s credit card details. After completion of the information and confirmation of the information by Passenger, the Upgrade Offer will be registered to be considered for an Upgrade, subject to these Terms and Conditions. Passenger shall receive an email confirming his/her Upgrade Offer has been received. This email is NOT an acceptance of the Upgrade Offer.
8. Subject to Passenger’s credit card type, acquiring bank and issuing country, upon submission of an Upgrade Offer, Passenger may receive a notification that one (1) unit of offered currency [except in the case of Japanese Yen (JPY), and depending on credit card type, ten (10) or one (1) Yen] has been charged to Passenger’s card. This is as a result of authentication of Passenger’s credit card. However, this amount will be reversed from Passenger’s credit card account immediately and will not be listed in Passenger’s statement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, depending on the credit card terms and conditions Passenger may be charged a foreign transaction fee by the credit card issuer, such fees shall be borne by Passenger.
9. Passenger may only submit one Upgrade Offer per eligible flight segment as per the purchased ticket.
10. Passenger may revise or cancel Passenger’s Upgrade Offer through the hyperlink on the offer acknowledgement email up to 72 hours of Passenger’s segment departure time, provided that Passenger’s Upgrade Offer has not been already accepted by Malaysia Airlines and Passenger’s credit card has not been charged. However, if Passenger’s Offer is accepted before Passenger cancel or amend Upgrade Offer, Passenger is legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in Passenger’s final Offer.
11. The Upgrade Offer, any applicable pre-payable taxes and fees for the Upgrade and the total amount payable will be displayed (“Total”). Taxes to be collected at airports or its equivalent, credit card issuer and bank-related fees and charges are not included and shall be borne by Passenger.
12. If there are two or more passengers in Passenger’s booking, Passenger may only submit one (1) Upgrade Offer to Upgrade for all such passengers. The Offer amount will be on a per-passenger basis. The Offer amount will be multiplied by the number of passengers in Passenger’s booking. If Passenger submits an Offer, Passenger shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included in the Offer, to these Terms and Conditions.
13. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not to accept Passenger’s Upgrade Offer, and it makes no representation that any Passenger will be upgraded regardless of whether or not seats are available in the class of service for which an Upgrade Offer is being made.
14. Subject to Passenger’s credit card type, acquiring bank and issuing country, Passenger may receive a notification during processing of the Upgrade Offer, that the total offered amount has been charged to Passenger’s card. This does not represent acceptance by Malaysia Airlines of the Upgrade Offer or that the amount has been debited from the credit card. This is the process of authorization of credit card where the amount has been set aside.
The final acceptance of Upgrade Offer is confirmed and payment is debited from Passenger’s nominated credit card when Passenger receives all of the following:
(a) An Upgrade Offer acceptance email; and
(b) A Miscellaneous Electronic Document receipt (EMD) with the additional upgrade amount is issued to each passenger included in Passenger’s original flight booking.
Effective 1 September 2018, the rate for Malaysian Sales & Service Tax (SST) of all offers involving traveling on Domestic sectors only shall be at six percent (6%). The Malaysian Goods & Services Tax (GST) at the rate of zero percent (0%) may be applicable only on offers that has been upgraded prior to 1 September 2018. Taxes paid are non-refundable.
If for whatever reason the Upgrade cannot be completed successfully, no payment will be charged by Malaysia Airlines. The amount set aside will be reversed to the Passenger’s nominated credit card in due course depending on the Passenger’s issuing bank.
15. Acceptance of Passenger’s Upgrade Offer and the Electronic Miscellaneous Document Receipt (EMD) will be sent to Passenger’s email address by 48 hours prior to departure of Passenger’s next segment. Passenger whose Upgrade Offer has not been accepted will be notified by 48 hours prior to departure of the Passenger’s next segment.
16. The 6-character Malaysia Airlines Booking Reference is supplied to Passenger at the time Passenger books a Malaysia Airlines flight and is printed on the Ticket. Booking Reference is required to submit an Upgrade Offer from the Malaysia Airlines upgrade website. Booking Reference provided must be kept confidential at all times. Passenger must not share his/her Booking Reference and Passenger is responsible for protecting it against improper or unauthorized use.
17. Malaysia Airlines does not guarantee specific seat assignments to Passengers whose Upgrade Offers are accepted and upgraded.
18. There will be no refund, credits, or exchanges once Passenger’s Upgrade Offer has been accepted by Malaysia Airlines and Passenger’s nominated credit card has been charged.
19. Upgrade is strictly non-transferable.
20. Once passengers receive the confirmation email signifying acceptance of Passenger’s Upgrade Offer, Malaysia Airlines will not be responsible or liable for any claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses arising from any changes to the booking, whether such changes are made by passengers or any third party for whatever reasons.
21. In the event of a change which necessitates Malaysia Airlines to re-accommodate Passenger on to another Malaysia Airlines flight for whatever reason(s) other than for reasons attributable to Passenger’s fault, actions or omissions, any Upgrade Offer Passenger made in relation to the original booking may at the discretion of Malaysia Airlines be transferred to the new flight(s), subject to availability of seats in the upgraded class. If Passenger’s booking is transferred to a flight operated by an airline other than Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia Airlines does not guarantee an Upgrade to a higher class.
22. (1) Passenger is entitled to a refund for the Upgrade Offer under the following conditions:
a. The flight for which Passenger’s Upgrade Offer was accepted and upgraded was cancelled;
b. The flight for which Passenger’s Upgrade Offer was accepted and upgraded was cancelled, and Malaysia Airlines re-accommodates Passenger on another flight which may or may not be operated by Malaysia Airlines. If for any reason Passenger is unable to be seated in the higher class of service to fulfill the Upgrade and Passenger is seated in the class of service of Passenger’s original booking;
c. Passenger’s Upgrade Offer is accepted and Passenger were given an Upgrade, but Passenger is not able to be seated in the upgraded class of service for reasons attributable to Malaysia Airlines but excluding reasons attributable to Passenger’s actions or omissions, including, but not limited to, Passenger’s own decision in opting to change flights or Passenger missing a flight.
(2) No refund will be issued in the case of a change to a substitute aircraft to operate a flight where the Upgrade is still available to Passenger on that substitute aircraft.
(3) Upon reimbursement by Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia Airlines shall have no further liability to Passenger.
(4) Should any refunds be approved, as set out the above mentioned circumstances, the amount paid for the Upgrade will be refunded to the nominated credit card that was used to pay for the Upgrade and it will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade price was charged. Such refunds shall be limited to amount charged for the Upgrade and any taxes and fees paid for the Upgrade. No credit card issuer and bank-related fees or charges will be refunded.
23. If the Passenger makes changes to the Ticket after the Upgrade Offer has been accepted by Malaysia Airlines, Passenger will not be entitled to transfer the Upgrade to another flight and the amount paid for the Upgrade will be forfeited without a refund.
24. (1) Passenger hereby agrees that to claim a refund, Passenger will submit a written request by sending an email to : [email protected] with a scanned copy of the following documents:
a. Boarding Pass for the flight in question
b. Email notifying that the Upgrade is successful
c. Any other relevant document
(2) All refunds are to be submitted within 3 months from the scheduled flight date. Any decision pertaining to refunds will be in accordance with Section 21 of these Terms and Conditions and such decisions by Malaysia Airlines shall be final and binding.
25. The fare conditions for the original Ticket purchased by the Passenger, which includes, but is not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, baggage allowance, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer miles shall remain unchanged and in effect and will be applicable even if Passenger Upgrade Offer has been accepted and Passenger has been upgraded.
25. Upgrade pursuant to an Upgrade Offer entitles the Passenger to use Malaysia Airlines lounge services in respect of the flight for which Passenger’s Upgrade Offer was accepted provided that the Passenger presents a valid boarding pass as supporting document before access to lounge can be given.
26. No Enrich Miles will be accrued for the Upgrade Offer in the event Passenger’s Upgrade Offer has been accepted by Malaysia Airlines.
28. The failure by Malaysia Airlines to exercise its rights will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and Passenger’s obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.
By making an Upgrade Offer, Passenger expressly acknowledges that Passenger has read and understood the above Terms and Conditions and hereby agrees to the same.
Malaysia Airlines Flights means flights operated by Malaysia Airlines and MASwings* operated flights, except for Malaysia Airlines codeshare and Malaysia Airlines marketed flights which are excluded from this definition. *not valid on MASwings flights operated by DHT aircraft type.
Malaysia Airlines Award Travel means a Full Miles or Miles & Cash Award Travel flight redemption booking and ticket made on Malaysia Airlines Flights.
A Full Miles Award Travel redemption ticket means the Award Travel is redeemed fully in miles excluding applicable taxes and surcharges which, are to be paid in cash/credit card. A Full Miles Award Travel can be redeemed on Malaysia Airlines Flights or oneworld Airlines or Partner Airlines. Redemption on Malaysia Airlines Flights can be done via Enrich Online or MH.com website. Redemption on oneworld Airlines or Partner Airlines is only available at Malaysia Airlines Call Center and Ticket Offices.
Miles & Cash Award Travel is a redemption option that allows Enrich members to redeem flights with a combination of Enrich miles and cash/credit card.
Malaysia Airlines Award Travel tickets can only be redeemed on Malaysia Airlines Flights.
The Malaysia Airlines Award Travel online redemption option is not available on Partner Airlines and/or oneworld Airlines.
Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption option is available online at Enrich Online or MH.com and at Malaysia Airlines Call Center and Ticket Offices.
Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption is subject to the Fare Conditions (including GST, where applicable) and may vary according to the fare class of travel.
All Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption tickets must be on available and confirmed seat basis at the time of booking. Not applicable for waitlist or open dated tickets.
All Malaysia Airlines Award Travel is subject to seats being available on eligible class(es) of travel on Malaysia Airlines Flights. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to change these class(es) without any prior notice. The following are excluded and cannot be booked with miles:-
- Fares with booking classes Q / O / G / Z
- Codeshare flights and MASwings flights operated by DHT aircraft type
- Ancillaries such as seats, meals and insurance
The number of Enrich Miles required to redeem a Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption vary. The fares and applicable fare conditions vary according to flight and seat availability, passenger demand, seasonality, and ticket conditions. The number of miles required for redemption depends on the Malaysia Airlines Flights member(s) chooses and the applicable ticket conditions. Member(s) are guided to make an informed comparison, before deciding on the best option for their travel needs.
Malaysia Airlines Website will provide available fares at time of seat availability check and the actual total Miles or Miles & Cash required will be reflected upon selecting and confirming the flights. The total fare shown after selecting the flights for the redemption, will apply.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms & Conditions, the number of Miles or Miles and Cash payment required to obtain a Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption ticket are subject to change at any time, with or without prior notice. Accordingly, the number of Enrich Miles and amount of money quoted on the website when booking a Miles or Miles & Cash Award Travel are only valid at the time quoted. If a booking is delayed or not completed when quoted, the number of Enrich Miles and payment amounts quoted for the requested itinerary may change and the final fare shown after selecting the flights for the redemption will apply.
Malaysia Airlines Award Travel ticket may only be booked:
a. At the time specified in the Fare Conditions and or up to 04 hours before the scheduled departure of flights.
b. Some fare conditions may require an advance purchase period to be observed.
c. There shall be no fixed relationship or conversion between the cash fare charged for a seat and the Enrich Miles required to redeem a Malaysia Airlines Award Travel. The exact amount varies according to the applicable conversion rate at the time of booking. Fare Conditions for Malaysia Airlines Travel Award may be different to the fare conditions applicable to cash fares.
Enrich members must login to his/her Enrich membership account online as part of the Miles & Cash redemption booking and ticketing process.
Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption is available solely on applicable itineraries of Malaysia Airlines Flights.
Enrich members must have a minimum of 1000 Enrich miles in their Enrich account to be eligible for Malaysia Airlines Award Travel option online.
Enrich Miles under the Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption offer will be redeemed per sector, per member, from the respective membership account.
Miles & Cash Award Travel redemption for children of 02 years - below 12 years and infant below 23 months is available in accordance and as specified in the Fare Conditions for a child and infant ticket.
Member will NOT earn miles for the cash value paid on the Miles & Cash Award Travel redemption.
Miles cannot be converted to or exchanged for money.
Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption is not applicable for group travel bookings involving ten and more passengers.
In the event member wishes to make any changes to an unutilized or partly utilized Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption ticket, it will be in accordance with the applicable Fare Conditions and these Terms and Conditions. Any payments involving changes to a Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption (other than for refunds) must be paid with cash/credit card as specified in the Fare Conditions. For the purposes of calculating any such payments, the original fare or commercial ticket value (as referred to in the Fare Conditions) of the Malaysia Airlines Award Travel will be calculated as the remaining cash value of the unused ticket determined in accordance with the Fare Conditions.
Award Travel may be reissued only for travel on the same airline, by the same person and provided no part of the Award Travel has been utilized and will be subject to the Fare Conditions of the ticket on penalties or cancellation fees and these Terms and Conditions.
Award Travel may be reissued for a higher fare class or cabin subject to Fare Conditions. Any difference in fare including any taxes, fees and carrier charges (including GST) at time of reissuance of the ticket will be required to be paid only for Malaysia Airlines Award Travel and in miles only for Partner Award Travel, subject to the applicable fare conditions and these Terms and Conditions. Reissue to a lower fare class is strictly not allowed.
Change in destination to a completely unutilized/unused Award Travel is allowed subject to the Fare Conditions. If the fare to the new destination is lower, the fare difference will not be refunded.
Rerouting to a partly utilized/used Award Travel ticket is not allowed.
Member is not allowed to redeem with miles or purchase the additional miles by cash or credit card for the change to the Award Travel ticket.
Redemption Upgrades are not allowed for Malaysia Airlines Award Travel tickets.
Members are NOT allowed to combine miles from different accounts to redeem an Award Travel ticket.
The Enrich Miles required for a Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption (or the Enrich Miles required plus the amount of any money payment required for Miles & Cash option) shown at this website will not include taxes, fees and carrier charges (including GST) at time of redeeming the ticket which Member will be required to pay in cash. The Member will also be required to pay any other fees, any additional local airport fees and charges collected at the time of check-in and any fees (and GST on those fees) payable that may not be part of the fare conditions of the Award Travel redeemed.
Miles redeemed for an Award Travel is NOT refundable to the original account or used in exchange for a different Award Travel. This applies regardless of whether the refund request is made before the Award Travel has been issued or whether the Award Travel is completely unused or partly used. However, the cash portion of a Miles & Cash Award Travel is refundable by credit to the credit card used and will be subject to the Fare Conditions of the ticket on penalties or cancellation fees and these Terms and Conditions.
Unless stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, where a flight involving a Malaysia Airlines Award Travel is cancelled, and the applicable Fare Conditions provide that the original fare may be used as a credit towards the payment of a new fare, and the original fare or commercial ticket value (as referred to in the Fare Conditions) is required for this purpose, then the original fare or commercial ticket value of the Malaysia Airlines Award Travel redemption ticket will be calculated as the remaining cash value of the unused ticket determined in accordance with the Fare Conditions. However any expired miles will not be refunded and will be forfeited.
Enrich reserves the right to change the price of the Malaysia Airlines Award Travel ticket and / or number of Enrich Miles to be redeemed or impose additional restrictions at any time with or without prior notice.
All other Terms and conditions of online booking and e-ticketing and other applicable regulations will apply in addition to these Terms and Conditions mentioned above.
In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions with other terms and conditions, the Malaysia Airlines Award Travel Flight Redemption Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
The use of Enrich miles against this offer is subject to these Terms and Conditions and all other Terms and Conditions of the Enrich programme. The terms and conditions of the Enrich programme are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
I. The product extra baggage is only available for flights operated by Malaysia Airlines. It is not applicable for MASwings flights.
II. Extra baggage is not valid for interline and codeshare flight.
III. Extra baggage purchased is non-refundable
IV. For voluntary changes, extra baggage can be carried over subjected to:
a. Changes done on same booking reference;
b. Same origin and destination;
c. Flights operated by Malaysia Airlines;
d. No changes of passenger details;
e. Subject to aircraft’s space availability.
V. Extra baggage is not exchangeable and transferable between passengers (E.g. Extra baggage purchased for Mr. ABC for MH4 on 14th September 2017, 0950 is not valid for MR. XYZ for the same flight date and time or a different flight date and time)
VI. In the event that the passenger’s baggage weight exceeds the total free baggage allowance and the extra baggage purchased, the additional excess baggage weight will be charged the normal excess baggage rate at the checkin counter.
VII. Additional weight unused from the purchased extra baggage is not refundable, transferable or exchangeable in any form (E.g. Extra baggage purchased = 5kg, Free baggage allowance = 20kg. If the passenger’s total baggage comes up to 33kg, the remaining 2kg will be forfeited)
*For fully domestic Malaysia bookings and domestic Malaysia stopover bookings made on Economy Class from 1 Aug 2018, the free baggage allowance is 20kg. Refer here to find out more on the latest information regarding our free baggage allowance.
VIII. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to change the rates, terms and conditions of the extra baggage product at any time with or without notice.
IX. Baggage that are part of the extra baggage purchased may be offloaded due to safety and security reason. If this were to happen, we will fully refund the affected extra baggage purchased.
X. Malaysia Airlines' General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage is an integral part of these conditions. Please refer to the Baggage Policy below: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/pdf/MAB_general_conditions_of_carriage.pdf
- You must be travelling on an eligible Malaysia Airlines operated international service.
- The list of eligible flights may be updated from time to time, and Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to add or remove eligible flights without notice.
- If there is no pre-booked meal(s), passengers will be served the pre-arranged meal(s) on board (based on travel class).
- Flight disruptions due to schedule change or operational requirements may affect the availability of the service on your flight.
- If Malaysia Airlines changes your flight or departure date, there may be a possibility the Chef on Call meal of choice may not be delivered on your new flight. However, the airlines will endeavour to fulfil your order.
- Chef on Call is separate from the special meal options for dietary requirements. If you require a special meal order, please make your choice via Manage Booking – Special Dietary Meal.
- If you have already chosen a special meal, or a special meal is loaded in your profile, then you will not be eligible to pre-order your meal unless the special meal is removed from the profile. If both orders appear in your booking, the Chef on Call order will be cancelled.
- If you have pre-ordered a meal and change your mind on board, the crew will make reasonable endeavours to accommodate your change, however, they may not be able to fulfil your request to provide an alternative full meal.
- Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to make changes and substitute ingredients that may become unavailable due to operational circumstances.
- All meals served on board Malaysia Airlines including Chef on Call are halal.
- Meal pictures used are for illustration purposes only and may differ from meals served on board.
Business Suite & Business Class
- This service is available for Business Suite and Business Class passengers with confirmed tickets travelling to/from Kuala Lumpur and any of the following cities: London, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Auckland, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo and Osaka.
- Meal(s) must be ordered at least 24 hours (GMT +8) before departure of the first flight in the itinerary.
- You can book up to one (1) Chef on Call meal per sector except for London where you are eligible for up to (2) two meals.
- You may place your order for Chef on Call meals via the following methods:
- a) Online flight booking via malaysiaairlines.com
- b) Manage Booking button online on malaysiaairlines.com
- c) Malaysia Airlines Global Customer Contact Centre
- 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia), [email protected] Applicable if your return flight is more than 30 days from the departure date (Monday – Friday, 0800hrs – 1700hrs, Malaysia Time GMT+8).
- Your Chef on Call choice will be served as the main course of your inflight menu, in place of the pre-arranged meals on board (based on travel class).
- In the event of flight changes, if you would like to make amendments after booking your Chef on Call meal, please email [email protected] (Monday – Friday, 0800hrs – 1700hrs, Malaysia Time GMT+8) at least 10 working days prior to your departure.
- Availability of Chef on Call is dependent on the aircraft type and routes. The service is currently not offered on flights operated on the B737-800 aircraft.
- This service is available for confirmed commercial tickets on flights from:
- Your meal must be ordered at least 72 hours (GMT +8) before departure.
- You can only book up to one (1) meal per flight for the first meal service only. This meal is not interchangeable for second meal service.
- You may place your order for a pre-booked meal via the following methods:
a) Online flight booking via malaysiaairlines.com
b) Manage Booking button online on malaysiaairlines.com
- In the event of flight changes:
- If you would like to make changes after booking your meal, you may do so via Manage Booking.
- If you change your flight or departure date, your meal order may be cancelled. You must re-submit your order via Manage Booking.
1. You must be travelling on an eligible Malaysia Airlines operated international service.
2. Special Dietary Menu is only available on selected flights.
3. The list of eligible flights may be updated from time to time, and Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to add or remove eligible flights without notice.
4. Meal(s) must be ordered at least 24 hours (GMT +8) before departure of the first flight in the itinerary.
5. You may place your order for Special Dietary Meal via the following methods:
a) Online flight booking on malaysiaairlines.com
b) Online Manage Booking on malaysiaairlines.com
c) Malaysia Airlines Global Customer Contact Centre
1. 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia)
2. [email protected] Applicable if your return flight is more than 30 days from the departure date (Monday - Friday, 0800hrs - 1700hrs, Malaysia Time GMT+8).
6. If there is no pre-booked meal(s), passengers will be served the pre-arranged meal(s) on board (based on travel class).
7. Your Special Dietary Meal will be served as the main course of your inflight menu, in place of the pre-arranged meals on board (based on travel class).
8. In the event of flight changes,
a) If you would like to make changes after booking your Special Dietary Meal, please email [email protected] (Monday - Friday, 0800hrs - 1700hrs, Malaysia Time GMT+8) at least 10 working days prior to your departure.
9. If you change your flight or departure date then your Special Dietary Meal order may be cancelled. You must re-submit your order via manage booking or via the Global Customer Contact Centre.
10. Meal pictures used are for illustration purposes only and may differ from meals served on board.
11. Flight disruptions due to schedule change or operational requirements may affect the availability of the service on your flight.
12. If Malaysia Airlines changes your flight or departure date, there may be a possibility the Special Dietary Meal of choice may not be delivered on your new flight. However, the airline will endeavor to fulfil your order.
13. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to make changes and substitute ingredients that may become unavailable due to operational circumstances.
14. All meals served on board Malaysia Airlines operated flights are halal.
15. It is the passenger’s obligation to let the airline know about any allergies or meal requirements.
16. There will be no additional costs for the passenger for this service.
17. Muslim passengers flying with Malaysia Airlines codeshare partners are advised to request for Muslim Meals (MOML)
List of Special Dietary Meals and applicable flights
Asian Vegetarian Meal
Spicy and flavourful South Asian-style vegetarian meal which does not contain meat, poultry, fish and eggs. May contain dairy products such as milk and cheese.
Flights above 75 minutes only
Pre-packaged baby food suitable for infants up to two years. This may be a non-vegetarian meal.
2 years and below
Suitable for passengers with stomach or gastrointestinal problems, this healthy meal does not contain highly seasoned and fried foods.
Suitable for children between two and 12 years old, this meal is a combination of fun yet healthy food items. A special request for a vegetarian child meal can be accommodated only upon contacting our Contact Centre or Malaysia Airlines ticket offices.
2 - 12 years old
This menu is devised by a nutrition expert to include the same foods as normal diet but is limited in concentrated sugars, fats and salt. Suitable for both non-insulin dependent and insulin dependent diabetics for it contains complex carbohydrates and an increased amount of fiber.
Consists purely of fruit components such as fresh fruits, fruit compote, fruit desserts, etc. depending on availability and seasonality.
These meals are exclusively designed for those who cannot tolerate gluten in their diet. Foods made with gluten – containing grains such as wheat, rye, oats, bran and barley are eliminated from this diet to prevent damage to the intestinal tract of patients with conditions such as celiac disease and non-tropical sprue.
Suitable for Hindus, this is a non-vegetarian meal that does not contain any beef, veal, pork or their products. Typically prepared in an Indian cooking style. May contain lamb, chicken, fish, eggs, milk and dairy products. Should you require a vegetarian meal, a request for Vegetarian Hindu Meal (AVML) should be made.
Our Kosher meals conform to Jewish dietary laws, and are prepared and packed by Kosher-certified manufacturers. KSML is only available on the following routes:
Kuala Lumpur to London
London to Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur to Australia sectors
Australia sectors to Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur to Auckland
Auckland to Kuala Lumpur
Only available on KUL/LHR vv , KUL/SYD vv, KUL/MEL vv, KUL/ADL vv, KUL/PER vv, KUL/BNE vv, KUL/AKL vv
Low Calorie Meal
These meals are for customers on a low-calorie diet. It may contain lean meats, low-fat dairy, complex carbohydrates, and steamed or poached prepared foods as a cooking style. Does not contain fried or fatty foods, sugar, full cream dairy products, fatty meats, sweets, sauces such as mayonnaise, and salad dressing.
Flights above 75 minutes only
Low Cholesterol/Low Fat Meal
These meals are for customers on a low-fat diet with limited amounts of saturated fat. It may contain lean meats, poultry, fish, low-fat dairy products, egg whites, wholegrain bread, fresh fruit, and steamed or poached prepared foods as a cooking style. Does not contain fried or fatty foods, animal fats, egg yolks, full cream dairy products, shellfish, fatty meats, and nuts.
1. MHConnect Wi-Fi and mobile roaming is only available on all A350-XWB flights operated by Malaysia Airlines only.
2. MHConnect is a chargeable for all cabin classes (Business Suite, Business and Economy Class)
3. Mobile Roaming Network is automatically connected to your phone. Please ensure your mobile phone and data roaming is switched off if you do not wish to connect to mobile roaming onboard the plane.
4. Roaming charges for text messages, voice calls and other data services are determined by your local mobile service provider.
5. Before using MHConnect, please ensure that auto-download and auto-update features are disabled on your phone to maximise Wi-Fi and mobile usage.
6. Please note that the internet connection speed and capacity in the cabin differs from on ground.
7. Malaysia Airlines does not guarantee that connectivity services will be fault-free and may be suspended during the flight for security or other reasons.
8. Malaysia Airlines shall not be held responsible for any loss of data or damage to passenger’s devices. Refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
9. MHConnect can be purchased onboard the flight only by either cash or credit card.
10. For any issues please contact [email protected] or call 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia)
To ensure safe, convenient, orderly and timely embarkation and disembarkation of all our passengers with reduced mobility, we have enhanced our current operational procedures and policies as follow: -
- Wheelchair requests must be made through our Global Customer Contact Centre and/or Ticket Office and/or Malaysia Airlines’ appointed travel agents at least 48 hours prior to departure.
- Wheelchair service is provided free of charge
- The Airline cannot guarantee the service if you are not in compliance to the request timeline given.
For countries that have specific and/or applicable regulatory requirements governing the handling of PRM in general, the local law of the country shall apply and supersede any part of our wheelchair service policy that may contradict such a law.
- Only available for Malaysia Airlines flights. At launch, Book Now, Pay Later is available online for travel between Kuala Lumpur to Australia and New Zealand vice versa.
- Book Now, Pay Later is only available on Malaysia Airlines website only.
- Book Now, Pay Later is available to all passengers across all cabin classes.
- Book Now, Pay Later is not available for MASwings, FireFly and code share flights.
- Fees are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Some fares will have shorter holding time limit (e.g. 24hours) as these fares may be a promotional, special deal, etc fares, hence a shorter holding period will be shown.
- Book Now, Pay Later fee will be dynamic according to demand, promotional period, etc.
- Extension of payment deadline for this service is not possible.
- Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.
1. Purchase of Malaysia Airlines' Golden Lounge access is available for KL International Airport Golden Lounge Domestic, KL International Airport Golden Lounge Regional and KL International Airport Golden Lounge Satellite ONLY and available for Malaysia Airlines flights departing from KL International Airport.
2. All Economy class passengers (except for RBD ‘O’) are entitled to purchase Malaysia Airlines’ Golden Lounge access pass. The pass is available for purchase anytime up to 60 minutes prior to flight departure from KL International Airport.
3. The Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge pass must be utilized within 24hours prior to the flight departure and the usage of the lounge is restricted to a maximum of three hours per passenger.
4. Infants will be granted complimentary access.
5. Online KL International Airport Golden Lounge access purchase is not available on MASwings, Firefly and code share flights.
6. Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7. Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.
1. Applicable for Malaysia Airlines ticketed passengers ONLY regardless of class of travel.
2. Must be utilized on the date of purchase.
3. Passengers will only be allowed access on the date of departure.
4. Each walk-in access purchase is valid for ONE passenger only.
5. Walk-in access purchase is to be used at ONE Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge only. NO Lounge hopping is allowed.
6. Passengers are to be offered to the Business Class Lounge section (Golden Lounge Satellite, KLIA where applicable)
7. Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. No overnight stay is allowed.
9. Ticket holders on foreign carrier or code share flights is NOT ALLOWED to purchase the walk-in access.
10. The charges structure for the Golden Lounge Walk-In Access is a standard charge which is applicable for all Malaysia Airlines passengers.
11. No special rates will be given to Enrich members but points will be earned as per Enrich terms and conditions.
12. Payment method is via Credit Card or Debit Card. NO CASH IS ACCEPTED.
13. All prices quoted are in Malaysian Ringgit and for Domestic station the charges are subjected to SST.
14. Child (2-12 years) will be charged 50% from the published rates according to the specific Lounge.
15. Infant (below 2 years) will not be charged.
16. Walk-in access purchase can be made at any Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge in KLIA, Kota Kinabalu or Kuching.
17. Can be purchased at a minimum of 60 minutes before the standard time of departure.