Feel the Excitement of Piloting of a Plane
This is your chance to take your place at the Captain’s seat and be guided on how to take off and land one of our eight aircraft simulators. Choose from 7 different types of aeroplanes including a tiny Fokker 50 to the huge Airbus A380. Everything within the simulator is the same as inside a real cockpit, so you can really experience what it feels like to pilot a plane.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rashidah Khuthairi wondered the exact same thing and decided to find out for herself.
I took the captain’s seat of the Boeing 777-200 simulator as part of our MH Flight Simulator Experience, which until recently, was reserved only for professional pilots. This unique programme not only gives you the chance to visit a flight deck (albeit a simulated one) but also to experience the feeling of flying an aircraft. I attended with my father and our Simulator Guide was Zulkefli Che Ya who sat behind the captain’s seat. From behind me he was able to access a built-in system that let him create a number of flight conditions which would make our flight unique to us. These included weather changes like snow or rain, turbulence and even engine failure!
We were guided to take off, cruise and land using exactly the same buttons, levers and displays as in an actual aircraft. The flight simulators are equipped with full motion systems, a high-quality daylight visual system and a high degree of realism to create a flying experience that's as close to the real thing as possible.
For Rashidah and her father the chance to experience the simulated flight deck environment was almost too good to be true. "I was awed by the magnitude of the control area as it looks much smaller in movies or TV." For Khuthairi, her father, it heightened his admiration for pilots. "This has shown me being a pilot isn't easy at all, I'd recommend corporate people, especially frequent flyers, to experience for themselves what it's like to be behind the ‘wheel'
It is a 60-minute Flight Simulator Experience session where you will be briefed on safety information and how to control flight deck instruments. You will be guided by our Simulator Guide and will experience a controlled take-off, cruising and touchdown.
Flight Simulator Experiences (FSE) involve a degree of physical mobility and may not be suitable for some people. Please check with our MAB Academy Simulator Sales Executives at the time of booking if you have any concerns. In all cases, any participant MUST be guided by a Simulator Guide who will be seated at the Right Hand (RH) seat. Participants must:
- Be 10 years of age or older.
- Get written consent from a parent or guardian to participate in the FSE (applicable to participants below 15 years);
- Be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by the motion of the simulator. It is advised that expectant mothers should not participate.
- Be dressed appropriately in smart casual clothing with flat shoes.
- Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The maximum number of participants in one FSE session shall be 3 persons and 1 Simulator Guide. Only Flight Simulator Experience participants will be permitted to enter the MAB Academy, Simulator Building, Subang. Flight Simulator Experiences are not suitable for professional pilot training and pre-interview preparation for airline selection is strictly prohibited.
In the interests of security, all Malaysian participants will be required to produce their Malaysian Identity Card or Malaysian Driving License. For non-Malaysian participants, they will be required to produce their International Passport as a form of identification on arrival at the MAB Academy, Simulator Building, Subang complex. Participants below 15 years of age are also required to provide written consent from their parent or guardian. Failure to provide those required documents satisfactory to MAB will result in the refusal of admittance. No refund will be given in such circumstances.
All requests for bookings or purchase of vouchers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603-7863 2673 or +603-7863 2523. Your requests must include the following details:
- Preferred date and time of the simulator experience.
- Contact details (full name as per Malaysian Identity Card for Malaysians or as per International Passport for non-Malaysians, telephone number, email address and fax number).
- Name and age of each participant (above 12 years of age). For participants above 12 years of age, name must be as per Malaysian Identity Card (for Malaysians) or International Passport (for non-Malaysians), whichever is applicable.
- Type of purchase: FSE booking.
- Mode of payment: Cash, bank draft or telegraphic transfer
Please take note that booking confirmation is subject to simulator availability and MAB Academy reserves the right to change the date and/or time for FSE at their discretion. Our Sales executives will contact you on your contact number or email address to confirm your bookings. Full payment must be made upon booking confirmation.
Notwithstanding any other clauses herein, MAB Academy reserves the right to refuse or reject at any time any bookings and/or participation of the FSE at their own discretion. If MAB Academy determines that such action is necessary or appropriate for any reasons, MAB Academy shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for the refusal or rejection.
If MAB Academy is unable to provide a Flight Simulator Experience due to circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to simulator failure or otherwise, participants may choose to reschedule to a different day or simulator type subject to and determined by MAB Academy at its discretion.
Pricing and payment terms
Weekdays (9am–5pm): MYR 1500 for a 60-minute flight simulation experience session
Cash, bank draft or telegraphic transfer only.
No credit payment term will be allowed under any circumstances.
Cash or bank draft (payable to Malaysia Airlines Berhad)
Payments must be sent to:
Flight Operation Executive
2nd Floor, Malaysia Airlines Simulator Building
MAB Complex A
Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport
47200 Subang Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
from Monday–Friday, 9.30am–4.30pm (payments cannot be made or accepted outside these hours.)
Telegraphic transfer (TT)
Please make payments payable to:
Flight Simulator Experience (FSE)
Malaysia Airlines Berhad
CIMB Bank Berhad
Jalan Raja Chulan
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Account no.: 98987220000105
Swift code: CIBBMYKL
Once payment (for cash or bank draft) has been received by us, a receipt will be issued to the participant. The participant will need to show the receipt or copy of the TT bank slip to the Simulator Guide as proof of payment. For payments by telegraphic transfer, a copy of the bank transaction slip must be emailed to email@example.com.
All confirmed bookings are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise agreed by MAB Academy in writing. Thereafter the bookings and vouchers will be null and void.
- Any requests for deferment of the FSE date and/or time prior to expiry date of booking validity must be informed to MAB Academy no later than one month before the said expiry date and further, shall be conditional upon payment of a minimum charge of MYR 100, which is subject to change from time to time, with or without notice.
- “No show” and cancellations are NOT allowed once booking is confirmed. There shall be no refunds under any circumstances.
The use of mobile phones, video cameras or other similar recording equipment including but not limited to tripods, lighting etc is not permitted. Still photography may be provided by MAB Academy upon prior request at reasonable fees.
If the Flight Simulator Experience duration is reduced in whole or in part due to the participant (e.g. motion sickness, restroom breaks, late arrival, etc), MAB Academy will not reschedule the FSE and no refunds will be given. If there are technical problems with the simulator that, based on the judgment of the MAB Academy significantly reduces the quality and/or duration of the Flight Simulator Experience, the participant may be given a reschedule of the simulator ride subject to Clause 5 above.
Participants agree that any personal data provided to MAB in connection with this booking can be recorded and stored by MAB in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and may be provided to government authorities in the interests of aviation security.
- Neither party to this Contract shall be excused from fulfilling its obligations under this Contract except if and to the extent that such fulfilment is hindered or impeded by force majeure which term shall include but shall not be limited to riots, wars, insurrections, rebellions, dispositions, strikes or labour disputes or by compliance with any orders of national, local or any other authorities or any body or persons acting for such authorities, all of which cause or event are not within the control of either party.
- In the event of a force majeure situation which hinders either party in the discharge of its respective obligations under this Contract, the party claiming to be affected thereby shall promptly notify the other party by giving full particulars thereof and shall use its best endeavours to remedy the situation and the parties shall consult each other with respect to the appropriate measures to be taken.
- The performance of any obligation suspended while force majeure is operative shall be resumed as soon as such force majeure event ceases. Any loss, damage or delays in, or failure of performance by either party hereto shall not constitute default hereunder or give rise to any claims for damages or loss of anticipated profits, if and to the extent that such loss, damage, delay or failure is caused by force majeure.
- In the event that force majeure circumstances occur which substantially affect the performance of the Contract and such circumstances have continued for a period of fourteen (14) days from the date of notice served pursuant to Clause 12b above, MAB may terminate at any time the Contract at any time without assigning reasons and without notice.
- Participants will be briefed on evacuation procedures and safety aspects of the simulator (e.g. in case of fire).
- MAB shall not be held liable or responsible for the safety standards or the quality or delivery of the Flight Simulator Experience; any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages, including commercial loss and lost profits, however caused which directly or indirectly arises under this Contract, accident sustained, injury suffered or damage or loss of any property suffered by the participant except in case of wilful misconduct or gross negligence of MAB. Further, MAB shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage caused by circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to any mechanical breakdown, power failure, negligence or wilful misconduct of third parties. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, in the event MAB’ liability cannot be excluded, such liability shall be limited to the value of the booking made or voucher purchased.
- As a condition of use of the FSE, all FSE participants shall release and indemnify MAB and its employees/servants/agents from all actions, suits, causes of action, claims and demands of whatever nature which the FSE participants have or at any time hereafter may have or might have had against MAB or its employees/servants/agents for or in respect of inconvenience, incidental expenses, loss, damage or injury purportedly arising from or in connection with the FSE or in respect of any matter or thing in anyway relating thereto.
- The booking forms, our rules, regulations and these terms and conditions shall form the entire contract for the provision of Flight Simulator Experiences by MAB Academy (collectively called “Contract”). MAB reserves the right to amend, change and/or modify the Contract or any part thereof at any time with or without prior notice.
- By placing any bookings, purchasing of vouchers and/or usage of the FSE, you hereby agree to abide by the rules, regulations and terms and conditions of the Flight Simulator Experiences by MAB Academy.
- All taxes which are required by law and which are not applicable to MAB will be charged/borne to/by the participant.
- The Contract and the provision of the Flight Simulator Experiences are governed by Malaysian laws and MAB and the FSE participants shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
Complete this easy contact form and we will get back to you the soonest!
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions mentioned above are applicable to the Flight Simulator Experience (FSE) with Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) at the MAB Academy, Simulator Building, Subang. Please read and understand them carefully before making your booking.