Browser outdated: Flight search is not supported in IE version 10 or lesser. Please visit malaysiaairlines.com with supported browser.
Browser update: Please use Microsoft edge for better experience.
For Each checked-in piece, the linear dimension must be less than 158 cm (62 in).
Note: Linear Dimension is total sum of baggage dimension
Any bag whose linear dimensions (length + width + height) are between 158 and 204 cm (62 and 80 in) is considered oversized.
Baggage whose linear dimensions exceed 204 cm (80 in) will not be accepted as checked-in or carry-on luggage. Passenger has to refer to MABkargo.
For piece concept, each checked baggage must not exceed 32kg (70 lb.) for Business Suite/Business Class and 23 kg (50 lb.) for Economy Class.
For weight concept, each checked baggage must not exceed 32 kg (70 lb.) for Business Suite/Business Class and Economy Class.
For baggage exceeding the linear dimension stated above allowance, should be transported as freight and not baggage. This includes items carried under courier mails as checked baggage.
For sporting equipment, the objective of this restriction is to ensure easy, safe and fast handling of checked baggage.
*Baggage allowances vary based on the fare brand. Please check the baggage allowance before purchase.
Malaysia Airlines will carry, free of charge:
Baby equipment (e.g. stroller, baby seat, car seat, playpen), personal medical equipment (e.g. manual wheelchairs, motorized wheelchairs (dry and gel cell batteries only), crutches, canes, walkers, back supports, wheelchair back inserts, braces.
The free allowance above applies for all ticket holders, for exceptions see below:
Infants (on 10% tickets)
Infants are allowed free of charge:
Same as adult
Person with Disability
Person with disability may carry free of charge and in addition to the general free allowance: a wheelchair (manual or electric) / mobility device, crutches or other orthopaedic device.
1. No limitations on pieces of baggage for check-in for a weight concept.
2. The current extra checked baggage entitlement for oneworld passengers will remain the same as above. Any excess baggage must be charged accordingly.
3. Effective 01st August 2018, FBA for passengers travelling on EYCL and MH Domestics routes ONLY has been revised to 20kg (previously 30kg). There is no change on the current policy as per below:-
- Existing allowable number of pieces and baggage dimension remains.
- Existing Enrich Platinum/Gold/Silver additional FBA entitlement remains.
- Existing BSCL FBA entitlement of 40kg remains.
Passenger’s ticketed using Government (GOM) warrant are not affected. They are still entitled for 30kg FBA for MH Domestics routes.