- Travel Advisory: COVID-19: Important Notice to Passengers Read more
- Travel Advisory: Malaysia Airlines Advises Passengers Departing from Colombo to Arrive Early at the Airport Read more
- Travel Advisory: Malaysia Airlines Implements ‘Pre-Departure Health Screening Programme’ from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Guangzhou (CAN) Read more
Browser outdated: Flight search is not supported in IE version 10 or lesser. Please visit malaysiaairlines.com with supported browser.
Browser update: Please use Microsoft edge for better experience.
Battery-Powered Portable Electronic Smoking Devices
No person shall carry battery-powered portable electronic smoking devices in checked baggage.
No person shall carry the above in the cabin baggage or carry into the cabin except:
- Carry the above item for the purpose of personal use
- Spare batteries of the above item to be individually protected by replacement in their original retail packaging or by insulating its terminal.
- Each battery of the above item shall:
- Not exceed a lithium content of 2 grams for lithium metal batteries.
- Not exceed a Watt-hour rating of 100 Wh for lithium ion batteries.
- Each battery of the above item shall be of a type that meets the requirements of each test in UN Manual of Test and Criteria, Part III sub-section 38.3.
Notice to classify electronic smoking devices as dangerous goods must be placed at the check-in counter.