Browser outdated: Flight search is not supported in IE version 10 or lesser. Please visit malaysiaairlines.com with supported browser.
Browser update: Please use Microsoft edge for better experience.
You are advised to read these terms and conditions carefully before using this Website. By using this Website you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. Kindly refrain from using this Website should you not agree to all or any of them.
Our Website is owned and operated by Malaysia Airlines Berhad ("Malaysia Airlines"), a public company incorporated in Malaysia.
The contents of our Website are intended for your personal non-commercial use only. All materials published on this Website (including but not limited to articles, features, photographs, images and illustrations, also known as the "Content") are protected by copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights, and are owned or controlled by Malaysia Airlines, or the party credited as the provider of the Content.
Our Website and its Content are protected by copyrights pursuant to Malaysian and international copyright laws. Subject to clause 1.4 herein, you may not reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any manner any content from our Website without first obtaining prior written consent from us.
You may however download or copy the Content subject to the following conditions:
- the material is used exclusively for personal non-commercial purposes;
- all copies must include copyright and other intellectual property notices incorporated into the original material; and
- no licence is granted in respect of intellectual property rights reserved by us and/or providers of the Content.
Please also refer to clauses 5 and 6 of our Legal Notice.
Our Website provides links to other sites and vice versa merely for your convenience and information. We shall neither be responsible for the content and availability of such other sites that may be operated and controlled by third parties and by our various branch offices worldwide, nor for the information, products or services contained on or accessible through those websites. Your access and use of such websites remain solely at your own risk. Malaysia Airlines will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential losses and/or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of your access to such sites.
Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage
Carriage for passengers and baggage on flights operated by us is subject to Malaysia Airlines' General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage. (For Canadian International Terms and Conditions Carriage, please see below.)
Changes and Modifications
We reserve the right at our absolute discretion and without liability to:
- change, modify, alter, adapt, add or remove any of the terms and conditions contained herein; and/or
- change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Website.
We are not required to give you any advanced notice prior to incorporating any of the above changes and/or modifications into the Malaysia Airlines Website.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide through our Website only for purposes for which the personal information was originally requested, and for directly related purposes UNLESS we are required or authorised under law to disclose such personal information OR you give your written consent to allow disclosure of such personal information.
We do not control the use of your personal information you may share with our linked sites. You are advised to make yourself aware of their terms and conditions in this respect, if any.
We undertake not to sell your name and/or personal data to third parties, and do not intend to do so in the future.
However, should you transact with us by purchasing our airline ticket, and/or any of our other products or services, we are permitted to handle your personal information in accordance with the provisions of Article 6.3 of our Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage.
Your Suggestions, Comments and Feedback
Any communication from you sent to our Website or otherwise to us by electronic mail shall be treated as non-confidential. Your comments, suggestions, questions, feedback and the like regarding the Content and/or our services in general, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know-how disclosed therein may be used by us for any purpose, including the developing, manufacturing and/or marketing of goods and/or services, and in such circumstances you are not entitled to any reward or compensation of whatever nature from us. FOR THIS PURPOSE: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT whenever necessary to disclose your personal information within our own offices, authorised agents, government/security agencies, other airlines or the providers of such services, in whatever country they may be located.
We provide no warranty, whether expressly or implied, of any kind including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
We do not warrant that the functions in our Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this Website or the server that makes it available is free of any virus or other harmful elements. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise of our Website's Content or the results of their use.
By using our Website you agree that we will not be liable under any circumstances, including negligence, for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from your use of the information and material contained in our Website or from your access to the linked sites described in clause 2 herein. We are also not liable nor responsible for any material provided by third parties with their own respective copyright and shall not under any circumstances, be liable for any loss, damages or injury arising from these materials. Our total liability (if any) for all damages, losses, costs and expenses under whatever cause of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise will not exceed any amount paid by you for accessing our Website.
Nothing in our Website constitutes an offer to sell any securities and cannot under any circumstances be relied upon for investment dealings of whatever nature.
The exclusions and limitations described herein shall apply only to the extent permitted by law, without prejudice to our rights to seek legal redress in accordance with the applicable laws.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and this Website's Content shall be governed and construed in accordance with Malaysian laws, and the courts of Malaysia shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute which may arise in relation thereto.
The travel insurance products offered on the Malaysia Airlines website are governed by local insurance laws and regulations. Please note that Malaysia Airlines does not offer travel insurance for residents of all countries.
European Commission (EC) notice on issue of the proliferation of so-called ‘claim farms’ (which encourage passengers to seek compensation for delayed flights) can be obtained from here.
Customer service plans
Malaysia Airlines Berhad UK Tax Strategy
This UK Tax Strategy has been approved by the Group Chief Financial Officer (“GCFO”) for the year ended 31 December 2020 and is subject to review annually. The Tax Strategy has been drafted in accordance with the requirements of Schedule 19 of the UK Finance Act 2016.
Malaysia Aviation Group (“MAG”) is a global aviation organisation with subsidiaries and equity investments organised into four distinct business segments: Air Transportation Services, Ground Services, Aircraft Leasing and Talent Development. This group structure was created to drive better transparency and focused management across the respective operating subsidiaries, creating profit centre subsidiaries of the company’s separate businesses. This ensures profit and loss accountability and unlocks the value of the various assets by driving new levels of operational efficiency.
Air Transportation Services houses Malaysia Airlines Berhad (“MAB”), the national carrier of Malaysia and a member of the Oneworld Airline alliance. With the vision to be the preferred choice in connecting Malaysia with the regions and with the world, MAB flies around 40,000 guests daily to over 53 destinations worldwide. In the United Kingdom (“UK”), MAB operates daily flights to and from the Heathrow International Airport.
Our Approach to Risk Management and Governance
- MAB is fully committed to strict corporate governance and transparency in our business operation pursuant to our Group’s Code of Business Conduct (“CBOC”). MAB aims to be fully compliant with laws of all jurisdictions we operate in, including with tax laws in the UK.
- MAB has a robust internal control procedures and processes, which need to be complied with by each Business Units. This is subject to regular reviews, internal audits and annual audit by external advisors.
- The Senior Accounting Officer for MAB Group of Companies is the GCFO.
- The Group appoints a qualified external advisor to prepare the Group’s annual Corporation Tax returns. The returns are reviewed for accuracy by the Group Head of Tax before submission to HMRC. Professional advice is obtained from the Group’s external tax advisors where the treatment of specific tax item is uncertain.
- The Board of Directors has a line of sight on tax compliance risk and tax planning through the Board Audit Committee.
- The Group’s taxes are managed centrally by a central tax team who are fully integrated into the business operations of the Group. Group Corporate Tax team reports into the Head of Planning and Performance Management and Employment Tax reports into Head of Employee Management.
Our Attitude towards Tax Planning
- MAB does not engage in aggressive tax planning schemes. Any tax planning done aims to consider tax efficiencies in relation to significant business transactions whilst balancing with stakeholder interests. MAB always seek to abide by both the letter and the spirit of tax laws.
- Professional assistance from external consultants in respect of routing and judgemental tax compliance and tax advisory matters is obtained, as and when required. The Group Tax team has direct oversight the engagement and output of the external consultant and reports to the GCFO.
Our Acceptable Level of Tax Risk
- Under the Corporate Risk Management (“CRM”) Policy, the Board of Directors monitors the Group Enterprise Risk Management framework that facilitates the effective assessment, treatment and reporting on related strategic and operation risks. Tax risk is managed as part of this, together with other commercial business decisions.
- MAB does not engage in aggressive tax planning. Where relevant MAB uses external consultants to advise on tax risk in order to help manage it.
Approach to Dealing with HMRC
- MAB is committed towards co-operating with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (“HMRC”) in a professional and courteous manner on current, future and past tax issues.
- MAB aims to have a collaborative, transparent and proactive relationship with HMRC.