Reopening of Domestic Golden Lounge with new norms practices
Effective 8 July 2020, Malaysia Airlines has reopened its Domestic Golden Lounge at KL International Airport, complete with comprehensive health and safety measures to offer guests greater peace of mind throughout their experience.
The Lounge operates daily from 6 am until the last flight departure of the day, with a maximum capacity of 126 passengers at any one time.
In line with its Fly Confidently campaign and recommendations from the Ministry of Health Malaysia, Malaysia Airlines has implemented the following safety measures at its lounge:
- Requirement to wear face masks upon entering the lounge;
- Contactless registration into the lounge including check in via the ‘MySejahtera’ App and temperature scanning;
- Hand sanitisers at all critical locations within the lounge;
- Lounge seats are marked and separated as per social distancing guidelines;
- Digital food and beverage ordering solution via QR code. Take away options for meals are also available for passengers who do not wish to stay in the lounge; and
- Enhanced hygiene protocols at prayer rooms and family room after each use
The Regional and Satellite Lounges will be reopened in stages and shall be announced in the near future.
Last updated 14 Oct 2020, 1030hrs (GMT+8)