COVID-19 update and temporary travel restrictions into Malaysia
Travel rebooking and refunds
Due to these travel restrictions, Malaysia Airlines passengers who are affected will be entitled to a rebooking or refund under the terms and conditions below:
||Types of travel
|Tickets issued on/before
||Travel dates impacted
||Refunds & others
||Malaysia Airlines’ Ultimate Flexibility Ticket Change Policy for passengers with existing bookings including those impacted by country’s Travel Restrictions and new bookings
31 March 2020
Applies to all bookings made on/before 30 June 2020, with all travel to be completed by 31 December 2020
- Unlimited free changes to the date of their flight (with a waiver of the date change fee).
- Changes to destination (any difference in fare will apply).
- Difference in fare for first rebooking will be waived if rebooked in same/original RBD.
- For any subsequent changes in travel date, the fares will be reassessed, even if it is on same RBD. Fare difference costs may apply for subsequent changes of the travel date if the new fare is higher. If the new fare is lower, the fare difference will not be refunded.
- Flexibility of taking the earlier flights on the same day of departure for travel on the same sector for travel from 13 March 2020 until 21 May 2020.
- Rebooking of the new travel date must be made on/before 30 June 2020.
- For original tickets expiring before 31 December 2020 and no rebooking has been made, the original ticket will *automatically be converted to ticket voucher which is valid until 31 December 2020.
- Travel related to all reissued tickets will have to be completed by 31 December 2020, even if the validity of the original ticket falls after 31 December 2020. Difference in fare and additional charges will apply for travels after 31 December 2020.
|Cancellation and service fees are waived for partially used and totally unused tickets, applicable for refundable and non-refundable tickets. Terms and conditions apply.
*passenger to fill in waiver assistance form
We wish to also inform that our Global Contact Centre line is currently experiencing an unusually high volume of calls. We are doing everything possible to serve all our customers during this time and we appreciate your patience and understanding while we work through all calls and requests.
If you have non-immediate flight departures (more than 48 hours to departure), you can submit a change request online, via the Flight Waiver Request Form at https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hk/en/advisory/coronavirus-entry-restrictions.html. This helps to ease congestion and allows us to prioritise those customers booked on immediate flights.
Last updated 30 March 2020, 1730hrs (GMT+8)