AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Book, check-in and share your travel plans, wherever, whenever.
1. What are the features available via MHmobile?
Available as an app or via flymas.mobi MHmobile allows you to book and pay for your flight, share your itinerary on social media, check-in with one click access, choose your preferred seat, get a mobile boarding pass. You can also check your flight status and latest arrival/departure times, find out contacts of Malaysia Airlines offices and the way there with Google maps, check your lost baggage status and enjoy exclusive mobile deals.
2. Is registration required before I can use MHmobile?
No registration is required. You can straight away use all the services.
3. Will I be charged for using MHmobile?
Malaysia Airlines does not charge a fee to customers accessing MHmobile. The only cost you will incur is the data charges imposed by your mobile service provider.
4. Which languages are mobile services available in?
The MHmobile portal is currently available in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
5. How do I book a flight?
There are 2 options:
With 'Book Flight' you can book your ticket on the move in five easy steps:
6. What are the payment options available?
You can conveniently pay for flights booked through your mobile phone by using Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards, or your PayPal account. Please note that payment with American Express is accepted for all currencies with the exception of MYR (Malaysia Ringgit). Payment via PayPal on MHmobile is currently valid for flights departing from Malaysia only.
7. How do I get my ticket?
Once your mobile booking is successful, you will receive a booking confirmation by e-mail and SMS. Your mobile-booked flight is then automatically issued as an electronic ticket (e-Ticket).
8. How do I receive my passenger receipt after my flight?
You will receive a link to your itinerary by e-mail and SMS.
9. Can I change my flight using MHmobile?
Unfortunately MHmobile app and mobile site does not support such request at the moment.
To do this, please contact Malaysia Airlines Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 (wthin Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (international). You can also contact your nearest Malaysia Airlines office. You can find the number for your country or city under 'Contacts'.
10. Where can I find a summary of my bookings?
You will find all the flights you have booked online and by mobile phone under 'My Booking'.
11. What is a mobile boarding pass?
It's an electronic boarding pass that is displayed on your mobile phone rather than printed on paper. The mobile boarding pass contains barcode and passenger information and can be used for safety and boarding checks. Some airports have scanners that can read the barcode while in other airports the boarding pass will be verified visually.
12. Can I use mobile check-in for a family or a group of travellers?
Mobile check-in is intended for people traveling alone and with a mobile phone. It is important that only one boarding pass per mobile phone is issued as boarding takes place one passenger at a time. Only single passenger bookings are supported (one passenger per reservation).
13. How does mobile check-in work and how can I select my seat?
Mobile check-in works very similarly to Web check-in: you provide your identification information (family/last name and PNR) and follow the required steps. You will be able to select your seat during check-in.
Please note mobile check-in is currently only available for:
1) Malaysia Airlines operated flights.
2) Fights from Singapore to Langkawi, Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu (vice-versa).
3) Flights from Kuala Lumpur to Bandar Seri Begawan, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Yangon, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Bangkok, Phuket, Manila, Jakarta, Medan, Denpasar-Bali.
4) Flights from Kuala Lumpur to Paris (vice versa).
5) Flights from Kuala Lumpur to Frankfurt (vice versa).
14. How do I get my boarding pass with mobile check-in?
At the end of the check-in you will be prompted to enter either your mobile phone number or your email address. If you enter your mobile phone number you will receive an SMS that contains a link that once activated will lead to a website that will display the boarding pass. If you provide an email you will receive an email with the mobile boarding pass in it.
15. Do I need Internet connectivity to get my mobile boarding pass?
Yes, since the mobile boarding pass is available through opening a link and email, the device must be connected to the Internet.
16. Can I do mobile check-in if I have luggage?
Yes, you can bring your luggage to the bag drop counter.
17. How will my data be stored?
Your data will be stored as a cookie. Cookies are very small files containing your details that are stored on your mobile phone or centrally when you use the MHmobile site. Consequently, you do not have to enter your details all over again whenever you use the site. Cookies will expire 12 months from the time of creation.
18. Why do you store my data cookies?
With your prior consent, data cookies will hold your personal data on your mobile phone. This means data fields such as the login, check-in identification and contact information will be pre-filled on your subsequent visits.
19. How do you ensure the safety of my data?
We use the latest security standards and technologies to protect your confidential information. To us, nothing is more important than ensuring the security of your online purchases. That is why flymas.mobi is a trusted VeriSign secure site, which is an independent, industry-recognised system that allows you to validate the ownership and security of any website.
20. Can I use the portal without setting the cookies?
Yes you can use the mobile site even without cookies. Just choose the suitable privacy and cookie settings in your mobile browser.