- What is Favourite Spot?
- What's the difference between Premium and Standard seats?
- How do I book my Favourite Spot?
- On which flights can I select my preferred seats?
- How much will I be charged?
- Can I purchase my preferred seat when I check-in?
- If I cancel or change my booking, can I get a refund or transfer the seat?
- What will happen to my preferred seat if the flight is cancelled?
- Am I guaranteed the preferred seat I purchased?
- Can I use my Enrich miles to redeem my preferred seats?
- Are preferred seats available to Enrich Platinum or Gold members for free or at a discount?
- Who is not eligible to purchase preferred seats?
1. What is Favourite Spot?
Favourite Spot can be any seat that you prefer in the Economy Class cabin, non-infant/bulkhead/bassinet seats in the first row and emergency exit seats (which are subjected to additional safety criteria). These are divided into Premium and Standard preferred seats.
2. What's the difference between Premium and Standard seats?
Premium seats cover the first few rows and emergency exit seats in the Economy Class cabin. Please be aware that those seated at any of the emergency exit seats are subject to certain safety regulations. If you do not fulfil these additional criteria, you may be asked to change your seat.
Standard seats are any other seat in the Economy Class cabin except the first row seats or emergency exit seats.
- Book them for free when you check in online (open 48 hours before flight departure)
- Select them during the online booking process (choose from Premium or Standard; a small fee applies depending on zone)
They are not available for flights operated by MASwings, and flights with segments involving MASwings flights or code share (e.g. Dublin-London-Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur-Miri-Mukah).
Asia - India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan,
Others - Europe, China, Australasia, Americas (MYR)
Premium (selected first few rows, emergency seats)
i) Penang—Kuala Lumpur—London: MYR 20 + MYR 150
ii) For connecting flight, Penang—Kuala Lumpur—London: MYR 20 + MYR 150
- Price quoted per passenger per city pair.
- A charge will be levied for every seat selection.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Price quoted will be equivalent to local currency for all foreign currencies.
6. Can I purchase my preferred seat when I check in?
You are not allowed to purchase a preferred seat during check in. Please note that during the check-in period (48 hours prior to departure), you can select your seat free of charge but your choice is limited to available seats. There is no guarantee that you and your travel companion(s) will be seated together.
7. If I cancel or change my booking, can I get a refund or transfer the seat?
Preferred seats are non-refundable, as well as non-transferable between flights or persons. Please note that each change to preferred seat reservation is chargeable, and previous fees paid are not refundable.
8. What will happen to my preferred seat if the flight is cancelled?
If your flight has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of Malaysia Airlines or in cases of aircraft change due to operational reasons, we will make our best effort to place you in the same or similar seats on the alternate flight.
9. Am I guaranteed the preferred seat I purchased?
Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to block off selected seats. Seats can be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft. Paid seats are non-refundable and non-transferable.
11. Are preferred seats available to Enrich Platinum or Gold members for free or at a discount?
No, the preferred seat fees are applicable to all Economy Class passengers, including Enrich Platinum and Gold members.
- All unticketed passengers (e.g. those travelling on a cruise or packaged holiday who have not yet received confirmation of their ticket numbers from their agent)
- Children travelling alone (unaccompanied minor)
- Passengers travelling in a group of more than nine persons
- Passengers travelling on flights not operated by Malaysia Airlines or flights operated by a codeshare partner
For emergency row seats, passenger must be an able-bodied adult. Children either accompanied or unaccompanied by adults are strictly not allowed to be allocated at this row.