Hand baggage allocation
- First Class/Business Class passengers – two pieces each
- Economy Class passengers – one piece each
- Each hand baggage must not weigh more than 7 kg
Passengers with infant are allowed to carry additional 5kg piece of hand baggage.
Each piece must not exceed the following dimensions:
|All aircraft types (B737, B777, A330 and A380)||36 cm|
Hand baggage exceeding the dimension and weight or the number allowed, must be checked as check-in baggage.
We recommend you take anything you may need on the flight with you, including medication and keys. All medication should have a professional pharmaceutical label on the container if you are transporting medication in your carry-on luggage. If you require a medical syringe, you must have the needle guard intact.
In addition to your carry-on baggage, the following personal items are also allowed as hand baggage:
- a handbag, pocket book or purse
- a briefcase
- an overcoat, wrap or blanket
- electronic equipment such as a laptop, iPad and camera
- a small camera or a pair of binoculars
- a reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- an infant carry cot
- food for infants and children for consumption in-flight
- fully collapsible baby stroller (on wide body aircraft only)
- walking stick/canes or crutches and/or braces/prosthetic devices, which the passenger is dependent on
Carry-on baggage must be stowed underneath the seat in front of the passenger or in the overhead compartment. Please note that security items such as knives, nail clippers, blades, or any sharp and/or pointed objects must be removed from carry-on baggage and packed in checked baggage. You must be able to activate any electronic devices (e.g. CD players, laptops, video cameras) at the security checkpoint. If you are unable to do so, you must pack these items in your checked baggage.
Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAG)
For security reasons, certain restrictions have been introduced to limit the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels (LAG) that passengers may include in their carry-on luggage on international flights.
- LAG items such as drinks, creams, perfumes, sprays, gels and toothpaste must be in containers that have a maximum capacity of 100 ml/mg.
- All LAG containers should fit comfortably in a transparent resealable plastic bag.
- Each passenger is limited to only one transparent resealable plastic bag with a volume no greater than one litre. Bags such as freezer bags (20 cm x 20 cm or 25 cm x 15 cm) sold in most supermarkets are ideal for this purpose.
- Please ensure that the circumference of the four sides of the transparent resealable plastic bag does not exceed 80 cm.
At the international departure gate screening point you should remove the resealable bag from your hand-baggage so that it can be screened separately. Airport screening staff have the last word on what constitutes a liquid, aerosol or gel and will ensure that all such items are removed and disposed of.