Inflight Special Meals
Malaysia Airlines oﬀers up to 20 Special Meals to suit your religious, medical and dietary requirements. Furthermore, all meals served on Malaysia Airlines are halal and prepared in strict compliance to halal requirements.
How Do I Order My Special Meal
You may order your special meal at least 24 hours before your scheduled ﬂight via:
- Your online flight booking process
- Our Global Customer Contact Centre at 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia)
- Our Reservation and Ticketing Oﬃce
- Your travel agents
Steps to Order Special Meal Online
- Book your flight online
- Add passenger information
- Tick “I'd like to add special request for this traveler"
- In the Special Request dropdown menu, select your choice of meal
- Proceed to payment
- End of transaction
- Special meals are not offered on flights with less than one hour duration.
Hindu Meal (HNML)
- A non-vegetarian meal which may contain lamb, poultry, ﬁsh and milk products.
- Does NOT contain any beef, veal, pork or raw/smoked ﬁsh.
Muslim Meal (MOML)
- MOML can be ordered for passengers routed on our code share partners.
- Does NOT contain non-Halal meats and ingredients, alcohol and pork by-products.
Kosher Meal (KSML)
- Prepared and packed by Kosher-certiﬁed manufacturers which conform to Jewish religious laws.
- NOT available on certain ﬂights from India, Middle East, Taiwan and ASEAN.
Bland Meal (BLML)
- For passengers suﬀering from stomach or gastrointestinal problems.
- Does NOT contain highly seasoned and fried foods.
Diabetic Meal (DBML)
- Does NOT contain added sugars.
Gluten Intolerant Meal (GFML)
- For passengers who are unable to consume food containing gluten.
- May contain meat, poultry, ﬁsh, rice, potato and dairy products.
Low Calorie Meal (LCML)
- For passengers on a calorie-restricted diet.
- May contain increased complex carbohydrates, high ﬁbre and low fat products.
Low Fat Meal (LFML)
- For passengers on a fat-restricted diet.
- May contain lean meats, poultry or ﬁsh with low fat dairy products and is low in saturated fatty acids.
Low Lactose Meal (NLML)
- For lactose-intolerant passengers.
- Does NOT contain dairy products.
Low Salt Meal (LSML)
- For passengers on a sodium-restricted diet.
- Does NOT contain added salt.
Vegetarian Vegan Meal (VGML)
- For passengers on a strict vegan diet.
- Does NOT contain any animal products or by-products such as eggs and dairy.
Vegetarian Lacto-Ovo Meal (VLML)
- A vegetarian meal which may contain dairy products and eggs.
- Does NOT contain meat, ﬁsh and poultry.
Vegetarian Hindu Meal (AVML)
- A spicy vegetarian meal with limited use of dairy products.
- Does NOT contain meat, poultry, ﬁsh and eggs.
Vegetarian Oriental Meal (VOML)
- A vegetarian Chinese or Oriental style meal.
- Does NOT contain onion, garlic and any animal products or by-products such as eggs and dairy.
Vegetarian Jain Meal (VJML)
- A vegetarian meal prepared according to Jain customs.
- Does NOT contain root/bulbous vegetables and any animal products or by-products such as eggs and dairy.
Fruit Platter Meal (FPML)
- Contain fresh fruits only with no additives/preservatives.
Vegetarian Raw Meal (RVML)
- Contain raw fruits and vegetables only.
Child Meal (CHML)
- For children aged between 2 to 12 years old.
- Easy-to-chew food with several food items in individual wrappings.
Baby Meal (BBML)
- For children up to 2 years old.
- Commercially prepared baby foods are available with choices of vegetables or fruits.
Other special meals
Seafood Meal (SFML)
- Passenger preference and may contain ﬁsh and/or seafood, prepared according to local speciﬁcations.
- Does not contain meat or poultry.
Special Meal (SPML)
- For medical or religious requirements not stated in the list above, you may include speciﬁc details of ingredients to be avoided.
- Kindly check with our Reservation and Ticketing Oﬃce or the nearest Malaysia Airlines Oﬃce for meal availability.