Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are applicable to the Flight Simulator Experience (FSE) with Malaysian Airline System Berhad (MAS) Flight Crew Training Centre (MAS FCTC). Please read and understand them carefully before making your booking or purchasing or using a voucher.
1. What is a Flight Simulator Experience (FSE) package?
It is a 10-minute Flight Simulator Experience session where you will be briefed on safety and general information on flight deck instruments and guided by our Simulator Guide at the controls from take-off, cruising and touchdown.
2. Who can participate?
Flight Simulator Experiences involve a degree of physical mobility and may not be suitable for some people. Please check with MAS FCTC at the time of booking if you have any concerns. In all cases, any participant MUST be guided by a MAS Simulator Guide who will be seated at the Right Hand (RH) seat. Participants must:
- be 10 years of age or older;
- get written consent from a parent or guardian to participate in the FSE (applicable to participants below 15 years);
- be in good health and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by the motion of the simulator. It is advised that expectant mothers should not participate;
- be dressed appropriately in smart casual clothing with flat shoes; and
- not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The maximum number of participants in one FSE session shall be 3 persons and 1 Simulator Guide. Only Flight Simulator Experience participants will be permitted to enter the MAS FCTC. Flight Simulator Experiences are not suitable for professional pilot training and pre-interview preparation for airline selection is strictly prohibited.
3. Proof of identification
In the interests of security, all Malaysian participants above 12 years of age will be required to produce their Malaysian Identity Card or Malaysian Driving License whereas for non-Malaysian participants, they will be required to produce their International Passport as a form of identification on arrival at the MAS FCTC complex. Participants below 15 years of age are also required to provide written consent from their parent or guardian. Failure to provide those required documents satisfactory to MAS will result in the refusal of admittance. No refund will be given in such circumstances.
4. Booking procedures
4.1 You may purchase the above bookings in the form of vouchers (MYR 500 per participant excluding tax (if any) for every 20-minute FSE session) which can be given as gifts or awards, ideal for all special occasions. The minimum FSE booking for weekends or public holidays is 60 minutes per FSE session, which is priced at MYR 1500 per participant.
4.2 Except for Enrich members, all requests for bookings or purchase of vouchers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your requests must include the following details:
- Preferred date and time of the simulator experience
- Contact details (full name as per Malaysian Identity Card for Malaysians or as per International Passport for non-Malaysians, telephone number, email address and fax number)
- Name and age of each participant (above 12 years of age). For participants above 12 years of age, name must be as per Malaysian Identity Card (for Malaysians) or International Passport (for non-Malaysians), whichever is applicable.
- Type of purchase: Voucher or FSE booking
- Mode of payment: Cash, bank draft or telegraphic transfer
4.3 Please take note that booking confirmation is subject to simulator availability and MAS FCTC reserves the right to change the date and/or time for FSE at its discretion. MAS FCTC will contact you at your contact number or email address to confirm your bookings. Full payment must be made upon booking confirmation.
4.4 Enrich members who wish to redeem Enrich miles in exchange for FSE should directly contact the Enrich office for further assistance. All Enrich members and the redemption of Enrich miles shall be subject to all rules, regulations, terms and conditions governing the Enrich programme from time to time. To make a redemption request, Enrich members may call 1300 88 3000 or +603 7843 3000 or email email@example.com.
4.5 Notwithstanding any other clauses herein, MAS FCTC reserves the right to refuse or reject at any time any bookings and/or participation of the FSE if in the exercise of its discretion, MAS FCTC determines that such action is necessary or appropriate for any reasons, to which MAS FCTC shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for the refusal or rejection.
5. Simulator availability
If MAS FCTC is unable to provide a Flight Simulator Experience due to circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to simulator failure or otherwise, participants may choose to reschedule to a different day or simulator type subject to and determined by MAS FCTC at its discretion.
6. Pricing/Payment terms
For the most up-to-date information, please see Pricing/Payment terms.
7. Validity of bookings and vouchers
All confirmed bookings and/or vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise agreed by MAS FCTC in writing. Thereafter the bookings and vouchers will be null and void. Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash and can be used only for FSE at MAS FCTC.
8. Deferments/Cancellations by participants
- Any requests for deferment of the FSE date and/or time prior to expiry date of booking or voucher validity must be informed to MAS FCTC no later than one month before the said expiry date and further, shall be conditional upon payment of a minimum charge of MYR 100, which is subject to change from time to time, with or without notice.
- “No show” and cancellations are NOT allowed once booking is confirmed. There shall be no refunds under any circumstances.
The use of mobile phones, video cameras or other similar recording equipment including but not limited to tripods, lighting, etc, is not permitted. Still photography may be provided by MAS FCTC upon prior request at reasonable fees.
If the Flight Simulator Experience duration is reduced in whole or in part due to the participant (e.g. motion sickness, restroom breaks, late arrival, etc), MAS FCTC will not reschedule the FSE and no refunds will be given. If there are technical problems with the simulator that, based on the judgment of the MAS FCTC significantly reduces the quality and/or duration of the Flight Simulator Experience, the participant may be given a reschedule of the simulator ride subject to Clause 5 above.
11. Personal data
Participants agree that any personal data provided to MAS in connection with this booking can be recorded and stored by MAS in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and may be provided to government authorities in the interests of aviation security.
12. Force majeure
- Neither party to this Contract shall be excused from fulfilling its obligations under this Contract except if and to the extent that such fulfilment is hindered or impeded by force majeure which term shall include but shall not be limited to riots, wars, insurrections, rebellions, dispositions, strikes or labour disputes or by compliance with any orders of national, local or any other authorities or any body or persons acting for such authorities, all of which cause or event are not within the control of either party.
- In the event of a force majeure situation which hinders either party in the discharge of its respective obligations under this Contract, the party claiming to be affected thereby shall promptly notify the other party by giving full particulars thereof and shall use its best endeavours to remedy the situation and the parties shall consult each other with respect to the appropriate measures to be taken.
- The performance of any obligation suspended while force majeure is operative shall be resumed as soon as such force majeure event ceases. Any loss, damage or delays in, or failure of performance by either party hereto shall not constitute default hereunder or give rise to any claims for damages or loss of anticipated profits, if and to the extent that such loss, damage, delay or failure is caused by force majeure.
- In the event that force majeure circumstances occur which substantially affect the performance of the Contract and such circumstances have continued for a period of fourteen (14) days from the date of notice served pursuant to Clause 12b above, MAS may terminate at any time the Contract at any time without assigning reasons and without notice.
13. General terms and conditions/Restrictions
- Participants will be briefed on evacuation procedures and safety aspects of the simulator (e.g. in case of fire).
- MAS shall not be held liable or responsible for the safety standards or the quality or delivery of the Flight Simulator Experience; any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages, including commercial loss and lost profits, however caused which directly or indirectly arises under this Contract, accident sustained, injury suffered or damage or loss of any property suffered by the participant except in case of willful misconduct or gross negligence of MAS. Further, MAS shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage caused by circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to any mechanical breakdown, power failure, negligence or willful misconduct of third parties. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, in the event MAS’ liability cannot be excluded, such liability shall be limited to the value of the booking made or voucher purchased.
- As a condition of use of the FSE, all FSE participants shall release and indemnify MAS and its employees/servants/agents from all actions, suits, causes of action, claims and demands of whatever nature which the FSE participants have or at any time hereafter may have or might have had against MAS or its employees/servants/agents for or in respect of inconvenience, incidental expenses, loss, damage or injury purportedly arising from or in connection with the FSE or in respect of any matter or thing in anyway relating thereto.
- The booking forms, our rules, regulations and these terms and conditions shall form the entire contract for the provision of Flight Simulator Experiences by MAS FCTC (collectively called “Contract”). MAS reserves the right to amend, change and/or modify the Contract or any part thereof at any time with or without prior notice.
- By placing any bookings, purchasing of vouchers and/or usage of the FSE, you hereby agree to abide by the rules, regulations and terms and conditions of the Flight Simulator Experiences by MAS FCTC.
- All taxes which are required by law and which are not applicable to MAS will be charged/borne to/by the participant.
- The Contract and the provision of the Flight Simulator Experiences are governed by Malaysian laws and MAS and the FSE participants shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.